Friday, November 21, 2008

More Crew




hi, my name is dorothy and i guess that i am the newest member of the green wood group. kind of just stumbled into the gig. pretty much sums up my whole life! :) i love working here; it is great and warm and friendly and many other adjectives..well maybe not so warm with the current weather situation.

i graduated in may from the university of georgia with a degree in history. awesome, i know. so i guess you could say i am knowledgeable about historical things. i grew up in memphis, tennessee, and my dad was in the woodworking business. so the smell of sawdust and the sound of saws is pretty much second nature to me. i moved to atlanta right after graduation and lived the bum lifestyle for a good three months before i couldn't take it anymore and my parents made me get a real job. so here i am, fumbling smiling and nodding my way through the intricate ways of working in an office and knowing a lot about nothing that the "corporate world" deems not useful.

the work that darwin does is amazing and i cannot believe some of the beautiful products that come out of our lovely little cave down here in downtown atlanta. its always a fun day coming down to the warehouse and playing, i mean working, with people who are fast becoming friends and i am sure will become a family too.

No comments: